Wednesday, 27 June 2007

Things I've Learnt

A few weeks ago...ok maaybe more like a month ago was the last day of my attachment to Zaid Ibrahim & Co. Basically, I thought that the 5 weeks that I'd spend there would past by really really slowly but it actually flew by. It didn't really feel like 5 weeks and I think I've learnt a lot (Seriously!!). I now have a better understanding of what it is I'm getting myself into. There is finally some light at the end of the tunnel. Note: Before you ask me questions about criminal law, I didn't do any, I was attached to the corporate division where ehem, the money is suppose to be *wink* Below is a list of what I have learnt during my time there.

1. That there's always work to do.
2. That coffee and ciggarettes are a lawyer's lifeline (it's what they live on!!!)
3. That lawyers are always, always stressed eventhough they don't look like they are.
4. That eventhough you're a lawyer trained in Malaysian law, it doesn't mean that you won't be learning about the Company Laws of Bermuda (uhuh, that's right, not Indonesia, not Singapore, not English but Berrrmuuuuddddaaa)
5. That there's a lot of translation work to be done i.e. from Malay to English and vice versa. I have learnt many many new words in which I don't think I'll ever utilise in any of my every day conversations >_<
6. That doing due diligence work can be a fun fun thing although it'll get stressful towards the end when the deadline is nearing. Note: To make it short, due diligence is when you look through all the documents of a company and stuff to see whether they are in order and to gather all the necessary information about the company that you need for whatever it is that you're doing.
7. That lawyers can be really good teachers. Why, why aren't you guys lecturers???!! I actually understood whatever it was that they said *blinks in surprise*
8. That lawyers and those that work here are a friendly and sometimes crazy lot. Seriously, there are all types of people here (Apparently they're not all a bunch of serious, scary and airy people, a misconception I had when coming to work here >_<).

9. I know that I'm being robbed by the parking lot people. Seriously, the parking fee there was ridiculous!
10. That there's a lot of stuff that can be learnt and found online. Books are a thing of the past my friends XP


And yes, I know I haven't been blogging for a while. I was busy doing this with the help of my bestfriend's sister and her friend cos as much of a geek I am, I seriously do not have the expertise to do make a website by myself.
Now, I'm currently at Naz's & Nurul's (they're sisters) place crashing for the weekend. Me and Naz were supposed to go and do some girl stuff but she came down with the sniffles so me and her sis have been bonding instead by having a Grey's Anatomy (season 3) marathon! =D Seriously, once you start watching one episode, you cannot stop!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just deleted the comments that i wrote. haiyo!!! tensi btul...

well, i've learnt the art of...stalking!!! hehe :) :)

btw, jon is hot. i dun mind doing due diligence all week long if it means doing it with him. he is so much fun! and sgt bagus menjadi cikgu company.. seriously, if he were to become my lecturer, i will so dapat an A!! there will notbe any cutting classes. mcm whats the point of cutting class if u have a cotton candy to ogle over kan?? haih!

few more weeks to go, and we will get to see him once again..

jon jon all the way!

p/s: ihope he will not terbatuk batuk bila i tulis nie. hahaha!

Intan said...

i hope he won't read this!! :P