Thursday, 14 December 2006

Meiji Shrine & Iris Garden Part II

I'm baaaaaack!!! :D

Indonesia was a great experience and I'd love to go again. It's such a beautiful country steeped in this amazing mix of cultures. Hinduism, Buddhism, and also Islam. Their buildings still retain their Dutch architectural influences and they also have a good dose of Japanese culture there too. Everybody was sooo "bersopan-santun" (literally translates to well-mannered or polite) and the way they talk to you is soo "lembut" (means softly).

I'll post about it later on but for now as I promised before, the second part of my Meiji Shinto Shrine and Iris Garden :D


This tree was in the middle of the courtyard of the shrine.
At first I thought it was just one gigantic tree, but as you can see its actually 2 trees.
Silly me.



There are lots of bonsai trees in the courtyard of the shrine.
And this is the guy whose job is to water them everyday.
And yes, he wears a SUIT while doing it!! o.O
So I just had to take a pic >.<


I had no idea what this building was when I saw it.
All I knew was that it looked so peaceful and pretty.

After a closer inspection, I found out that it was a traditional tea house but it
was off limits and the public couldn't go in.
Still, I managed to take a picture of the girls practicing their tea making skills ^^


Note:: Those bushes in the pic above this, are actually Azalea bushes(such a pretty name! ^_^). They come in many different colours and when in bloom, they'll look like the pic below. So you can imagine how gorgeous the garden would look like when the flowers are in full bloom *sigh*



Told you I liked gardens with pretty pretty flowers didn't I? :p


This is one of the many lakes at the Meiji Shrine.
I took this at a little enclave right at the edge of the lake.



So, thats the end of my Meiji Shrine post. Don't forget to visit it if you're ever in Tokyo, Japan! ^^

And if you're done with all the peacefulness and beauty of it, just cross the road and head on to Harajuku Street where you'll meet all sorts of interesting, cool or just plain weird looking people and shops (depending on your taste). I thought they were all cool, but I'm biased towards Japanese street fashion :p





3 comments:

*Azreen* said...

eh your photography skills not bad kan!! haha. bolehla u ambik my berangan photos. can or not??

which part of indonesia did you go? so if i go to jakarta masa chinese new year, u nak pergi tak?

and again, how do i put my blog link on the photos? nampak cam copyright sikit!!

Intan said...

cannnn...just giv me ur camera lah n i'll b ur personal photographer...:P

i went to surabaya, yogjakarta n solo....y wud u wanna go 2 indonesia for?

its not a link lah......i just texted it in adobe....i think you can also do it in paint or microsoft photo editor....just use the 'text' button/menu thing and pick a colour and type it on ur pic....for the copyright symbol, u hav 2 use the number keypad, press alt+0169, then u'll get the © symbol

*Azreen* said...

oooh..exotic places. tapi i tak nak pergi situ! i want to go to jakarta la. for what? hmmm....have fun? haha.