Pandas in Hong Kong
So as you all know, I went to Hong Kong a while back and I absolutely loved it! The energy and atmosphere there was just buzzing (Although my brother said that it was just me getting high on all the smoke/pollution in the air. The boy got sick there and he blamed the air. I swear, it wasn't that bad!) It's a bustling cosmopolitan where you be anonymous and literally get lost amongst the millions of people on the streets. Because it was nearly winter, everybody was starting to bundle up a bit, so I got to see some lovely winter fashions. Lots of scarves, boots, black, grays, purple and layering. Basically, stuff I would like to wear if I wasn't in living in tropical, hot Malaysia. I think other than Japanese and Korean women, Hong Kong women really know how to dress well. I mean, the street clothes weren't as eccentric as the Japanese but they were still really wicked and edgy.
Hong Kong is infamous for being a shopping haven because that was literally the only thing you could do there. There were just shops everywhere. Like shops and shops and shops. Everything was on sale and they had every brand you could ever imagine (local ones, European, the US, Japan and Korea). I mean, Malaysia and Singapore isn't that bad for shopping because we get a lot of brands from everywhere cos our country is strategically placed between the West and East trading ports. But Hong Kong was like crack for shoppers. I swear it had like every brand from around the world! But I digress (-__-;;)
The main reason why I wanted to post was because I did manage to find a place (actually many places) which offered me a haven away from the madness that was Hong Kong the city (And no it wasn't Disneyland which I will talk about another time).
Nearly the end of my stay I managed to go and visit the pandas at the Ocean Park. I got free entrance into the park cos my mother knows the vets that work there (Hehehe. I've never been so glad that my mother was a vet before ^^). So the park was amazing but what I really want to show you guys are the pandas.
I love pandas. I mean, I loooooooveee pandas. Other then pandas, I like cats, tigers , panthers and polar bears. I've actually been chased and nearly bitten by a panther (Traumatizing childhood story No234) I've seen the first four, so, basically all that's left is now the polar bears.

So, seeing a panda was one of the things that I must do before I die. I mean, they're already nearly extinct anyway, so yeah, the minute I knew that they had pandas in Hong Kong, I had to go and see them! There were 4 pandas at the Ocean Park, all of them given by the Chinese government. The latest 2 as a celebration of the re-transfer of Hong Kong to China from the British. Btw, I only got to take pics of 3 of them cos the fourth was in another room...eating.
Anyways, here they are. Presenting Panda No 1 (I've forgotten their names >_<)
Hong Kong is infamous for being a shopping haven because that was literally the only thing you could do there. There were just shops everywhere. Like shops and shops and shops. Everything was on sale and they had every brand you could ever imagine (local ones, European, the US, Japan and Korea). I mean, Malaysia and Singapore isn't that bad for shopping because we get a lot of brands from everywhere cos our country is strategically placed between the West and East trading ports. But Hong Kong was like crack for shoppers. I swear it had like every brand from around the world! But I digress (-__-;;)
The main reason why I wanted to post was because I did manage to find a place (actually many places) which offered me a haven away from the madness that was Hong Kong the city (And no it wasn't Disneyland which I will talk about another time).
Nearly the end of my stay I managed to go and visit the pandas at the Ocean Park. I got free entrance into the park cos my mother knows the vets that work there (Hehehe. I've never been so glad that my mother was a vet before ^^). So the park was amazing but what I really want to show you guys are the pandas.
I love pandas. I mean, I loooooooveee pandas. Other then pandas, I like cats, tigers , panthers and polar bears. I've actually been chased and nearly bitten by a panther (Traumatizing childhood story No234) I've seen the first four, so, basically all that's left is now the polar bears.
North Pole anyone?
So, seeing a panda was one of the things that I must do before I die. I mean, they're already nearly extinct anyway, so yeah, the minute I knew that they had pandas in Hong Kong, I had to go and see them! There were 4 pandas at the Ocean Park, all of them given by the Chinese government. The latest 2 as a celebration of the re-transfer of Hong Kong to China from the British. Btw, I only got to take pics of 3 of them cos the fourth was in another room...eating.
Anyways, here they are. Presenting Panda No 1 (I've forgotten their names >_<)
Pwuahahahaha!!!
Same panda but different sleeping positions ^^
Same panda but different sleeping positions ^^
Panda No 2.
He/she was my fav just cos he/she kept making all these cute poses for everyone.
Such a super star. I got loads more pics of him/her but these were the clearest ^^
Such a super star. I got loads more pics of him/her but these were the clearest ^^
And lastly, Panda No 3.
Lol!!! You have no idea how much I love this pic! ^^
Hehehe. I *heart* Pandas ^^

6 comments:
go panda~ go panda~ go panda~
panda = a normal bear that do not get enough sleep.. thats y they have these dark circles around their eyes. :P
nemo can pass off as one of them, if he had a white head..
qayyum --> reminds me of how i am when i don't get enuf sleep too Xp
nurul --> ziggy can probably do it better. just need to paint his eyes and ears.....saaaaaay, u just gave me a great idea...
whatever u two. i miss nemo and ziggy giggy!!
tapi ziggy gile tough dan kacak! =P
bila i ade duit, mari kita pergi HK lagi. u and nurul tlg bawak shopping bags i okeh? hahaha
Wow!! thanx for posting the panda pics,Intan! Love them!!!
btw, salam kenal.;)
Nyda --> I'll go with you to HK. Then when we get there, I'm gonna stay away, far, far away from you cos you + shops = Me dead Xp
Ryehanna --> Helloo! Thanks for dropping by and I'm glad you liked the panda pics! =D
Post a Comment